Thursday, October 25, 2012

40 Weeks and Overdue!

Well, it’s official…Elle has passed her due date and is now overdue! I had a doctor appointment Tuesday (10/23), on Elle’s official due date, and everything looked GREAT! My fluid level was still high (9 AFI), Elle scored an 8/8 on her biophysical profile right away (she moved her diaphragm multiple times…it was amazing to see!), and I was dilated to 2.5cm (which increased one centimeter from the week before)!!!

Since all measurements looked so positive, the doctor was fine letting me stay pregnant a while longer, in hope that I go into labor naturally. The doctor did require that we leave the appointment with a scheduled induction date, just in case Elle doesn’t decide to come on her own. But the doctor let us schedule the induction for the latest possible date, so that was wonderful. Now we can still leave it up to God to deliver Elle on His schedule, as long as it’s before next Tuesday, October 30th, at 8:30am.
Phil and I are SO excited to meet Elle, and so is Rock. We pray for her everyday and are so thankful for God’s provision and health for both me and Elle. I can’t wait to see what she looks like: hair color, weight, length, family resemblance…and I can’t wait to get to know her unique personality and teach her how to love unconditionally. We are no longer anxious about her arrival. Instead we’re dreaming and hoping and smiling about every unknown to come, and thrilled that God has created this perfect little girl for us to love and to raise in His likeness.

Elle Marie come to me! I love you so much already!

No comments:

Post a Comment