Monday, March 19, 2012

9 Weeks and Counting...


I’m 9 weeks pregnant now and for the past 3 days I’ve been much LESS nauseous than I’ve felt the past few weeks. That’s a MAJOR improvement!

I was only nauseous with my first pregnancy for one or two days, but this pregnancy seemed much more difficult in the beginning, mainly because of the sick feeling I had about 90% of my day. It has also seemed more difficult because in addition to the nausea, I feel exhausted and am not able to rest much. Once my day job is done, it’s back home for my life-job as a wife and mom. But Phil has been amazingly helpful, letting me relax while he makes dinner or sleep when I get home while he plays with Rock. I’ve even had some great quality naps while Rock naps on the weekends, which has helped a ton!

Another surprise with this pregnancy has been my early belly growth. I know you show sooner with every additional pregnancy, but I didn’t realize HOW much and HOW soon! I’m only 9 week pregnant, but I’m wearing my Bella Band for the first time today! And I have to change shirts multiple times each morning to find a shirt that won’t advertise that I’m showing already, since we’re not quite ready to announce our news. With the rapid belly growth, we decided to start profile pictures this weekend. It will be fun to see the baby growth week to week!

At 9 weeks, the baby is the size of a green olive…almost an inch long! And as a green olive, the baby is now officially a fetus, instead of an embryo.

My next appointment is scheduled for Good Friday in 2.5 weeks. We hope to hear the heartbeat one more time at that appointment and I’ll be close to 12 weeks pregnant by then, so we’ll be ready to make more announcements over Easter weekend! I love this holiday pregnancy…Valentine’s Day positive pregnancy test and Easter announcements! Looking forward to it…only a few more weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment