Wednesday, May 9, 2012

16 Week Appt

We have an avocado! I love that my weekly emails give me a concrete image of the size of our baby. The baby is already 4.6 inches and 3.5 ounces and forming bones in his/her ears to hear and forming taste buds, eye brows, and eye lashes. It will be fun to see the hair color…for some reason I was completely surprised when Rock was born with red hair.

We had a successful 16-week appointment last Friday, complete with a 150 bpm heartbeat and 150 lb weigh in (I can’t believe I just wrote that!). I’ve gained 10 pounds already since my first OB appointment (and I know I gained a few pounds before I even went to my first appointment)…so I’m cruising right along! A “healthy” weight gain is around 29 pounds…so hopefully I slow down adding digits to the scale now that I’m not eating to curb my nausea. We’ll see…

We were able to make our 20-week ultrasound appointment for May 31st! We will be praying for healthy measurements and the baby’s gender to be revealed!!! Maybe then we’ll be motivated to get Rock moved into a new room and transition him to a big boy bed so we can get the baby’s room all setup and ready. (We plan to cycle kids through the same crib and small bedroom in our house…we’ll see if that plan works out or not!)

No comments:

Post a Comment